The Searchlight Sales team is responsible for selling member subscriptions for our executive networks in the life science industry. This solution helps members access key scientific communities to develop meaningful relationships and build knowledge to aid commercial success. We pride ourselves on our in-depth understanding of theoretical sales methodology and process. There is a huge focus on training both technical sales-skill, as well as relevant product and sector knowledge.
As a Sales Manager in Searchlight, you will have both revenue generation and people management responsibilities.
Joining this rapidly scaling business will require getting in on the ground floor to build out sales process and methodology through speaking to customers and closing business. This role will focus on generating new members for our existing networks, targeting Heads of Department at Pharma and Biotech organisations. You will be responsible for hitting and exceeding revenue targets. You will be responsible for reporting and forecasting into the Director of Sales.
You will inherit a small team which will expand in line with targets and performance. You will be responsible for end-to-end people management: talent acquisition, development, management, and retention.
The successful candidate will be:
- Degree educated
- 4 years B2B sales experience
- 2 years management experience
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of sales methodology and process
- A proven leader with a track record of hitting team revenue targets
- An ability to motivate people to achieve KPIs
- An ability to make data-based decisions
- Experience in running sales training and coaching
- A passion for problem solving
- Experience working with business leaders cross-functionally
- Experience building and improving business process and systems
- Highly self-motivated with a constant optimistic outlook
- Thrive in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Extremely teachable and fast to implement learnings
- Professional with high standards in everything you do
- Excellent time management and planning skills
Why Choose Us?
- We offer well-being bonuses such as a personal learning budget, yoga in the office, employee assistance programme and well-being champions
- Private health and life insurance
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Amazing social clubs such as running club, book club, chess club, five-a-side and many more…
- 1 extra day of annual leave each year, up to 30 days of annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Access to our Wader Hub benefits platform which include, retail, gym, hospitality, and wellness discounts
- Volunteer day (we offer all our employees the chance to take a day on us to get out there and do some good!)
- Monthly awards and social events (we’re talking sports days, karaoke nights, theatre trips, cooking courses, you name it!)
- Sabbatical options after 2 and 5 years
- Opportunities for professional education sponsorship
40,000-50,000 base with 20k bonus