At Hanson Wade, data is at the heart of our business and is used to deliver, sell, market, support our products, maintain our systems, and develop our solutions. The Data and Insight team is central to converting that data into meaningful insights to help drive our business. The Business Insight Analyst will be part that team and will be responsible for analysing a wide range of data to help inform marketing, sales, production functions and their business strategies.
What You Will Do
You will be working as part of the Insight team that is aiming to be the bridge between the business and technology using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
You will ensure that internal briefs are translated into analytical projects and be comfortable using a range of analytical tools to help with their analysis and challenge their performance. You will be responsible for providing both quantitative and business analysis and insight on business issues, whilst working alongside other analysts, data engineers, system owners and SMEs. You need to be comfortable working on your own analytics projects and be able to work with specialist experts on larger, more complex projects. You will primarily:
- Work closely with the Business Insight Lead, and stakeholders on gathering requirements (refining the initial brief and asking the ‘right questions’, working through potential hypotheses and storyboarding the output)
- Create, optimize, automate, and maintain reports and dashboards to provide high quality business analysis and insight to inform production, marketing, sales, delivery functions and brand strategies
- Conduct gap analysis and root-cause analysis, and help create and implement the solutions
- Help with creation and updating of project documentations
- Act as a senior analyst in the team and share the responsibility with Business Insight Lead on mentoring more junior analysts
We’re looking for someone proactive and solution oriented, who will go beyond simply producing reports and dashboards like a traditional analyst might - you will need to be able to pro-actively identify process, insight and data gaps and act to improve the way that data is handled and utilised across the organisation.
You will need minimum of 2-year experience in an analytical role, where you have provided insight and recommendation based on data analysis.
- Requirement gathering from stakeholders at different levels - Capturing what questions stakeholders need answers for and turning this into actionable requirements
- Strong business acumen, one who can quickly understand how different divisions and functions in the business are interlinked and depend on each other
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Synthesise data and turn complex data into impactful, clear insights with business-led recommendations
- Create reports, visualisations, dashboards, and deal with data queries to support business
- “Storytelling” in a corporate context, and crafting clear, compelling messaging for stakeholders using quantitative and qualitative data
- Maintain knowledge of previous analysis to avoid duplication and to share learnings from relevant past projects
- Strong experience in project and process documentation
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong experience in working with Power BI. Strong knowledge of DAX and Power Query
- Proficiency in querying, joining, and manipulating raw datasets for analysis using SQL
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge of other MS applications. Experience in Power Automate is beneficial
- Experience of working with CRM tools
- Business and project documentation such as RAID, Action logs, business case etc.
- Good understanding of user acceptance testing for insight reporting
- Good knowledge of KPI setting methodologies such as KPI tree and BCS methodologies
Why Choose Us?
- Training would be hard to beat elsewhere
- Awesome social initiatives such as annual parties, monthly awards, social clubs such as book club and social sports
- Amazing wellness bonuses such as private medical and life insurance, gym discounts, yoga in the office and a personal learning budget
- Flexible working arrangements
- Staff benefits program including retail discounts