We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is confident in negotiation and possesses excellent communication and time management skills. This applicant would be joining our Customer Delivery department so must be a strong and positive team player. Due to many of the venues being contracted in the US, the ability to work off peak hours may be required at times.
The applicant must work well under pressure and have the ability to prioritise responsibilities, meet deadlines and turnaround high volumes of venue requests in peak periods.
You will be responsible for:
- End to end Sourcing, negotiating and contracting of up to 100 conference venue’s per annum in Europe and the United States.
- Working closely with the wider venue team to ensure correct venue is matched to the best event space
- Working with the event delivery team to understand event objectives, agenda, flow and space requirements; creating venue brief.
- Issuing RFPs to market using the Cvent Supplier Network.
- Reviewing and managing all incoming proposals in line with the business request and criteria.
- Presenting venue options and comparisons to internal customers.
- Managing stakeholders expectations by keeping them informed at all stages of venue search.
- Monitoring and tracking sales, overall revenue and event size to assist decision making and contract criteria.
- Negotiating rates and terms and conditions with venue to ensure costs remain within budget and mitigate risk.
- Obtaining the relevant approval from Divisional Head of Events and CFO.
- Reviewing contracts and amending where necessary.
- Requesting internal customer feedback on the venue for future use.
- Maintain an internal resources such as a venue database, and best practice guides.
- Undertaking site visits (UK)
- Developing and growing relationships with key international hotel groups and independent venues across Europe an USA.
- Excellent venue knowledge – maintaining relevant and up to date knowledge of key locations and venues.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have higher education degree or similar
- Previous experience of sourcing venues is preferred
- Previous experience of using Cvent Supplier Network is preferred but not essential
- Will have industry knowledge and experience in the event and venue industry
- Will have proven negotiation skills and the ability to work with restricted budgets
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Will be highly efficient and have an organised approach to your workload
- Will have the ability to work well under pressure and deal with high work volumes
- Will be able to adapt and change priorities according to immediate business needs
- Will be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
Why Choose Us?
- Training would be hard to beat elsewhere
- Awesome social initiatives such as annual parties, monthly awards, social clubs such as book club and social sports
- Amazing wellness bonuses such as private medical and life insurance, gym discounts, yoga in the office and a personal learning budget
- Flexible working arrangements
Annual Salary £24,000
Please note: this role requires the right to work in the United Kingdom