We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Event Coordinator with a “can-do” attitude to join our growing Event Delivery team here at Hanson Wade.
Hanson Wade specialises in producing and delivering conferences within the Life Science, Construction and HR industries; the post holder will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of physical events for the European and US market, approximately 2 per month. Ranging in size and logistical complexity, you will partner with key stakeholders and lead on the planning, development and delivery of our events to create a memorable and unique experience for each customer.
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active individual who possesses excellent communication and time management skills. The applicant must work well under pressure and have the ability to prioritise responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Communicate with all customer types throughout the event life cycle; delegates, speakers and sponsors
- Work extensively with conference hotel, including but not limited to: costs, set up, catering, WiFi etc..
- Manage Hanson Wade staff flights and accommodation
- Represent the campaign and Hanson Wade onsite (travel will be required)
- Create and proof event documentation
- Creating running order for each event
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing external suppliers when applicable including but not limited to: AV, Technology, Signage, Hostesses
- Budget management
- Create and maintain post event content sharing website
- Create, implement and deliver mobile apps for the larger campaigns
- Work closely with campaign project team to deliver on key goals and objectives of the campaign
- Support other members of the EO function as and when necessary
- May be required to assist with Customer Service and venue sourcing duties where necessary
The ideal candidate:
- Must have higher education degree or similar (Event Management degree preferred)
- Previous event management experience is preferred
- Previous experience with virtual event software is preferred (Hopin preferred)
- Have experience working with customers of all different levels of seniority
- Must have organisational experience at a professional level
- Must have a strong passion for event management
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Will be highly efficient and have an organised approach to your workload
- Will have the ability to work well under pressure and deal with high work volumes
- Will be able to adapt and change priorities according to immediate business needs
- Will be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Due to the majority of the events being in the US, travel will be required for our physical events. Based on the current restrictions, the applicant must be fully vaccinated in order to perform the full duties of their role.
Why Choose Us?
- Hanson Wade is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- Our training would be hard to beat elsewhere
- Our culture consistently remains at the heart of what we do
- Monthly Awards and Social Events
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Busy and active social calendar
- Annual personal learning budget
- Flexible working
Salary - £24,000 - £25,000 depending on experience + Bonus