Do you have the skills of a great conference producer, but would like to have a more ownership of your products and commercials in a dynamic, ambitious, and fast paced company?
Due to the growth of our business we have several exciting opportunities for Senior Conference Producers who are looking for an opportunity to develop into validating production roles, with scope to have P&L responsibility to generate new launches, grow repeats and manage their own portfolio of events.
This role will allow you to dive feet first into one of our fastest growing, emerging portfolios within the business. You’ll have the responsibility to curate the content for this community across a mixture of new launch and established repeat events – which will ultimately put your established conference production skills to the test – with the goal of progressing quickly to also take ownership over the strategic direction of your own P+L(s).
Hanson Wade has an industry leading Life Sciences, Construction and HR conference production team with the remit to discover, develop and nurture new conference ideas in emerging fields – with the ultimate goal to building leading brands for specific communities. No prior experience in producing events in these specific fields is necessary, but it is important that you are ambitious with a natural passion for research and a thirst for business. This role offers the opportunity to accelerate your career rapidly and gain a broad understanding of business issues in the world today.
What a successful candidate needs:
- Minimum 20-24 months experience within a production role for B2B conferences
- Proven production of launch and repeat conferences, having project management over sales and marketing campaigns through to event delivery
- Be able to lead and work as part of a team to achieve a common goal, demonstrating an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, a willingness to get stuck in, and have the confidence to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Have a naturally inquisitive mind and thirst for knowledge to continually develop and refine your understanding of the industry and conference topics
- An interest to get involved in developing out ideas and turning emerging and future concepts into commercially successful conferences
- Experience of strategic portfolio development or new event validation is desirable, but not essential. Hanson Wade will provide a 6-month Brand Director Qualification program into the role to embed core principles of Strategic Production, Topic Generation, Validation, Product Growth Strategy, Project Leadership, Portfolio Management & People Management.
- Due to the majority of the events being in the US, travel will be required for our physical events. Based on the current restrictions, the applicant must be fully vaccinated in order to perform the full duties of their role.
What the role entails:
- Repeat event and launch validation of a portfolio of conference products throughout the calendar year
- A strong emphasis on validation, the development of new conference ideas, getting deep understanding in key industry sectors to find new, niche and technical topics
- We will give you some repeat events and some guidance to help get you started, but there is scope to take the lead on the direction of your area, especially in terms of new conference topic ideas that you want to launch
- Management of Project Teams (and in the future direct management of conference producers) to deliver your own event ideas and ensure successful launch to market
- Full P&L responsibility, with the opportunity to scale up the portfolio through the creation of more product opportunity (product quality and quantity) as quickly as the commercial results demonstrate market potential
If you have ambitions to run your own conference business – this could be the role for you!
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced, professional business environment
- A company where the culture is one of transparency and honesty
- Quarterly development conversations
- 1st class training and career development programs
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success
- 25 days annual leave which increases to 30 days with service plus public holidays
- Hybrid working
- Annual personal learning budget (want to learn how to knit, surf, cook etc then feel free)
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Social clubs