A fantastic opportunity to join a thriving Business Intelligence events business. Covering the Global Market, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling Sponsorship packages across a variety of live & digital events. Your role will involve closing multi-show sponsorship deals to industry-leading clients and manage those relationships. This is a target driven role with an uncapped OTE and excellent career progression opportunities. clear vision to double in size within the next 5 years, after already doubling in size in the last 5 years. It is an extremely exciting time to join this organisation if you’re looking for long term career opportunities.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for generating both new and repeat business. You will be targeting C-Level Executives, Heads of Business Development and Heads of Marketing, engaging in a consultative sale to understand their organisations' commercial growth objectives and building them custom engagements to access prospects and markets via our conference platforms. Deals can range from £5k - £150k. You will have accountability and ownership over sales targets for multiple products throughout the year. We expect you to be able to build and execute sales strategies autonomously for your given market sector.
Over time we expect you to become a subject matter expert in your field, leveraging knowledge and connections to generate business. You will work closely with other departments within your project teams including Marketing, Production and Operations, to deliver high quality, industry-leading products for our customers.
This is a target driven role with an uncapped OTE and excellent career progression opportunities. We operate in a global market so you should expect to travel internationally 3-4 times a year, selling and delivering for our clients.
The successful candidate will be
- Degree educated with B2B sales experience
- Extremely professional with a quick-thinking, commercial mind
- Genuinely passionate about business and sales – proud to attract new clients and close creative deals
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in the world of business
- Extremely teachable and fast to implement learning to improve skills and knowledge
- Motivated by targets and always aiming to overachieve
- Creative and high energy in everything you do
The person we have in mind will share our belief that:
- Sales ability is the number one business skill
- A great sales professional provides genuine business insights to prospects and clients
- It is vital to surround yourself with the right people who inspire you
- Likewise, each of us must be a source of inspiration to our colleagues and clients
- There is opportunity everywhere
Career Progression & Earnings
Our business growth is dependant on our ability to upskill and develop peoples careers. We have a crystal clear path that you will review and discuss with your line manager every quarter. Time is no restriction is the pace you can progress – if you can demonstrate the skill, we will move you quickly.
Actual Average Commission (not including base salary):
- 1 Year in the business: £15,416
- 2 Years in the business: £24,808
- 3 Years in the business: £36,784
Base £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience + OTE