Business Development Executive - Searchlight
Searchlight is a new business information product launched in 2020 which for the first time has introduced a subscription-based offering to the Hanson Wade business model. Searchlight follows where Hanson Wade’s events business leads, developing value-added year-round online communities in conjunction with the company’s fastest growing events in high value, game-changing therapeutic areas.
About the role
If you thrive in making your mark in a start-up style environment, blazing a trail that hasn’t been travelled before, and are passionate about getting results for your clients as much as for yourself, then this role, helping strategic life sciences leaders plug into value-adding year-round online networks of peers focused in similar areas is the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an ambitious person to help us take a nascent £250k subscription business and turn it into a £1m asset, laying the foundations for significant growth beyond that. Taking responsibility for adding new members to existing online communities, you will prospect potential members from inside and outside existing event communities and you will be targeted on converting prospects into members.
Key components of the role include:
- Methodically engaging target clients via email, social media and phone, managing multiple pipelines with a variety of prospect statuses across a 12 month timeframe
- Pipeline management, systematic follow-up by email, social and phone, and creatively finding new ways to engage prospects and get time in their diary
- Understanding client needs, communicating the value proposition of your offering, handling objections and closing new business over the phone
- Pre-onboarding clients, ensuring that expectations are effectively managed and that new members are seamlessly onboarded and introduced to the community
To be successful you will need to be:
- Degree educated with 1-year+ B2B sales experience, with experience of working in Life Sciences
- Genuinely passionate about sales and driven to succeed in the world of business
- Extremely teachable and fast to implement learning to improve skills and knowledge
- Motivated by targets, committed to overachieving and set higher standards than those set for you
- Creative and high energy in everything you do
And the person we have in mind will share our belief that:
- Sales ability is the number one business skill
- A great sales professional provides genuine business insights to prospects and clients
- It is vital to surround yourself with the right people who inspire you
- Likewise, each of us must be a source of inspiration to our colleagues and clients
- There is opportunity everywhere
About the package
The successful candidate will receive:
- The opportunity to work in a profitable, dynamic, fast-growth business environment
- A route to high-value, consultative new business and account management sales
- World class training, superior career development options, and unlimited growth opportunities
- Progression that is only limited by your own rate of development (more detail below)
- Expected earnings of ~£40k+ in Y1, ~£50k+ in Y2 and ~£60k+ in Y3.
About the growth opportunity
Our business growth is dependent on our ability to upskill and develop people’s careers. Time is no restriction to the pace at which you can progress – if you can demonstrate the skill, we will move you quickly. As soon as you are competent in the Sales Development Executive Role, we will be looking to progress you to the next level - Business Development Manager. At this point, you will have a solid grasp of the intricacies of the Searchlight sales process and the product itself, as well as of our clients and their specific needs and challenges. You will be ready to take prospects through the sales process from open to close and will be targeted on revenue generated. We passionately believe that the sales-person who has won the new account is best placed to deliver for that account. As such, we operate a hybrid new business/account management structure. The more success you achieve in bringing on board new accounts, the more account management involved in the role.
£24k-£28k (with an OTE of £34k-£50k+ uncapped)