Searchlight is a new business information product launched in 2020 which for the first time has introduced a subscription-based offering to the Hanson Wade business model. Searchlight follows where Hanson Wade’s events business leads, developing value-added year-round online communities in conjunction with the company’s fastest growing events in high value, game-changing therapeutic areas.
We’re looking for an ambitious person to help us take a nascent £250k subscription business and turn it into a £1m asset, laying the foundations for significant growth beyond that. Taking responsibility for identifying and validating new online communities, you will engage event attendees to assess the need for groups, designing the scope of groups, and then securing 12+ founder members for each new group.
About the role
If you thrive in making your mark in a start-up style environment, blazing a trail that hasn’t been travelled before, and are passionate about getting results for your clients as much as for yourself, then this role, helping strategic life sciences leaders plug into value-adding year-round online networks of peers focused in similar areas is the perfect role for you.
Key components of the role include:
- Working with the events team to identify 6-12 opportunities each year for year round communities attached to the fastest-growing events in the portfolio
- Engaging with, and securing buy-in from (24-36) members of those event audiences to help you co-create focused communities they would be prepared to invest time and money in
- Personally closing 12+ of these opening prospects to commit to becoming founder partners of the communities you establish, supported by signed founder partner agreements
Community kick off
Founder partner onboarding, expectation management, preparing for and running of the first meeting of the group, and securing ongoing opt in before passing to team to manage
To be successful you will need to have:
- 2.5+ years of conference production or strategic sales experience – ideally in the Life Sciences sector
- A track record of successful topic generation/identification and an eye for a commercial opportunity
- Experience of closing new business directly and comfort in high level commercial conversations
- A desire to work in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment and operate as a true ‘all-rounder’
- A high degree of comfort in front of an audience of senior people facilitating strategic conversations
About the package
- The opportunity to work in a profitable, dynamic, fast-growth business environment
- World class training, superior development options, and unlimited career opportunities
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success through social events, awards and drinks
- The ability to work from home (in the short term) before joining us in the London office in 2022
£35,000-£45,000 (with an OTE of £60,000-£70,000 uncapped)