Searchlight is a new business information product launched in 2020 which for the first time has introduced a subscription-based offering to the Hanson Wade business model. Searchlight follows where Hanson Wade’s events business leads, developing value-added year-round online communities in conjunction with the company’s fastest growing events in high value, game-changing therapeutic areas.
We’re looking for an ambitious person to help us take a nascent £250k subscription business and turn it into a £1m asset, laying the foundations for significant growth beyond that. This role will take responsibility for managing 4-6 pre-validated groups of 12 members through the year. You will be accountable for managing the meetings of the existing members, adding value to those groups outside their regular meetings, adding new members and member renewal.
About the role
If you thrive in making your mark in a start-up style environment, blazing a trail that hasn’t been travelled before, and are passionate about getting results for your clients as much as for yourself, then this role, helping strategic life sciences leaders plug into value-adding year-round online networks of peers focused in similar areas is the perfect role for you.
Key components of the role include:
- Managing the schedules of prep calls, quarterly meetings, debrief calls and monthly email communications for each group under management
- Effectively setting the agenda (with the help of the community) for and running of the quarterly meetings of each group each quarter
- Constantly looking for ways to add value to the members of the groups under management by the provision of insights, connections and other value added benefits
- Success will be measured by overall group size growth and retention rate. The role includes a responsibility for adding new members as well as retaining existing ones
To be successful you will require:
- A good degree in a scientific subject, a natural passion for business and an inherent curiosity
- A high level of demonstrated organizational capability and 12 months+ of professional experience
- A desire to work in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment and operate as a true ‘all-rounder’
- Attention to detail: please include the word “rockstar” in the subject line of your application
- A high degree of comfort in front of an audience of senior people facilitating strategic conversations
The successful candidate will receive:
- The opportunity to work in a profitable, dynamic, fast-growth business environment
- World class training, superior career development options, and unlimited growth opportunities
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success through social events, awards and drinks
- The ability to work from home (in the short term) before joining us in the London office in 2022
£26,000-£30,000 (with an OTE of £35,000-£45,000 uncapped)