If you thrive on making your mark in a great team environment whilst also being able to knuckle down and focus. You are passionate about getting results – and that means for your clients as much as for yourself. Then a Beacon Sales Executive role, providing research and competitive intelligence solutions to the pharmaceutical industry is the perfect role for you.
Hanson Wade is based in Victoria and has been listed in the Sunday Times as one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK. We are a business intelligence organisation that specialises in data intelligence and establishing communities of key opinion leaders in the most cutting-edge subject areas and industries in the world. We monetise this through world class data and conference products. Established in 2008 we are experiencing year on year high growth and have recently been purchased by a private equity firm. We have a clear vision to double in size within the next 5 years, after already doubling in size in the last 5 years. It is an extremely exciting time to join this organisation if you are looking for long term career opportunities.
The Beacon Sales team is responsible for selling subscriptions to our market leading SaaS platform into the biopharmaceutical market. We believe that niche, tailored product offerings that respond to the specific needs of scientific communities provide us with a clear point of differentiation versus generic data providers. As such, we also believe that sales reps are most effective when they can demonstrate a deep understanding of the industry, allowing us to achieve peer-level conversations with clients and challenge the status-quo. We pride ourselves on an in depth understanding of theoretical sales methodology and process. There is a huge focus on training both technical sales-skill, as well as relevant product and sector knowledge.
While skills and knowledge are at the heart of what we do, there is no substitute for a great attitude. Core traits of Beacon sales reps are:
- Ambitious, while also recognising and celebrating the success of others
- Eagerness to learn and openness to development, while trusting in your own convictions
- Strong work ethic, while also appreciating that there is time to relax and enjoy your success
You will be responsible for prospecting Heads of R&D, Translational Sciences, Clinical and Competitive Intelligence, as well as C-level executives from our ‘new logo’ landscape of accounts, with the aim of understanding how they currently approach their competitive and research intelligence efforts, what challenges they are encountering and, most importantly, where Beacon can help. You will be targeted and remunerated on the number of qualified opportunities you generate and how many convert into new accounts.
What the SDR role will provide you
- A route to high-value, consultative new business and account management sales
- An in-depth understanding of data, subscription and SaaS solutions
- In-depth understanding into how clinical trial and drug pipeline data drives decision making in the biopharma industry
- Exceptional onboarding and ongoing training on all of the above
- Progression that is only limited by your own rate of development (more detail below)
The successful candidate will be
- Degree educated with 1-year+ B2B sales experience
- Knowledgeable of the Life Sciences Industry
- Genuinely passionate about business and sales – proud to attract new clients and closing creative deals
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in the world of business
- Extremely teachable and fast to implement learning to improve skills and knowledge
- Motivated by targets and always aiming to over achieve
- Creative and high energy in everything you do
The person we have in mind will share our belief that:
- Sales ability is the number one business skill
- A great sales professional provides genuine business insights to prospects and clients
- It is vital to surround yourself with the right people who inspire you
- Likewise, each of us must be a source of inspiration to our colleagues and clients
- There is opportunity everywhere
Career Progression & Earnings
Our business growth is dependant on our ability to upskill and develop people’s careers. We have a crystal clear path that you will review and discuss with your line manager every quarter. Time is no restriction to the pace at which you can progress – if you can demonstrate the skill, we will move you quickly.
As soon as you are competent in the Sales Development Executive Role, we will be looking to progress you to the next level - Business Development Manager. At this point, you will have a solid grasp of the intricacies of the Beacon sales process and the product itself, as well as of our clients and their specific needs and challenges. You will be ready to take prospects through the sales process from open to close and will be targeted on revenue generated.
We passionately believe that the sales-person who has won the new account is best placed to deliver for that account. As such, we operate a hybrid new business/account management structure. The more success you achieve in bringing on board new accounts, the more account management involved in the role.
- Year One Average Earnings - £36,000
- Year Two Average Earnings - £52,000
- Year Three Average Earnings - £71,000
£25,000-£28,000 (with an OTE of £35,000-£40,000 uncapped)