Love science and have established conference production skills, but would like to have a more commercially driven career in an ambitious, life science-focused and fast growing digital and physical events company?
Join our high-performing conference production team where, at this critical time for scientific R&D, you will create cutting edge events for the life science community. Along with an interest and curiosity into scientific research, it is important that you are ambitious with a natural passion for research and a thirst for business.
You’ll need an intellectual curiosity to get to grips with complex challenges that come with conference production and be happy working to very tight deadlines. This role offers the opportunity to accelerate your career rapidly and gain a broad understanding of business issues within the life science and pharmaceutical industry.
More about the role
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Life Science Senior Conference Producer role in one of our emerging portfolios, and you’ll have the responsibility to curate the content for this community – which will ultimately help advance pharmaceutical R&D, putting your established conference production skills to the test.
You will be contacting senior level executives by phone to research the content of your conference which will address the pharmaceutical industry’s most critical technical and business challenges. You’ll use your deep research to write a compelling agenda, secure world class quality speakers, guide the sales and marketing campaigns, and manage the profitability of each event. As a producer it will be your responsibility to ensure the smooth delivery of the events, whether in person or digital.
With overall responsibility for the successful delivery of each event, you’ll need to be an engaging and persuasive communicator and a natural relationship builder. You’ll be comfortable accepting responsibility and leading a team to achieve demanding goals.
By joining our dynamic and ambitious team of conference producers you will develop your commercial and business research skills in a fast-paced and supportive corporate environment. Our highly skilled trainers will continue to coach, mentor, train and develop your business talent to ensure you’re progressing your career as fast as possible.
To be successful you will require the following:
- Completion of 6+ production cycles for conferences within the life science and pharmaceutical industry
- Proven production of launch and repeat conferences
- Project management of sales and marketing campaigns of 6+ conferences though to event delivery
- Proven track record of delivering the conference experience to attendees
- 2.1 or a 1st in scientific degree from a leading university
- High academic achievements including A or A* at A’ level
- A natural passion for business research
- Comfortable with high levels of phone activity speaking to business leaders
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced, professional business environment
- A company where the culture is one of transparency, honesty and support
- 1st class training and career development programs
- Unlimited career opportunities built on the creation of product opportunity
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success and empower producers to build their own portfolios and business units
- Monthly Awards and Social Events
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Busy and active social calendar
- Annual personal learning budget
- Flexible working
£26,000-28,000 / OTE £33,000-35,000