We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Conference Producer who is looking to step up into the role of Brand Director with P&L responsibility to generate new launches, grow repeats and manage their own portfolio of events.
Hanson Wade has an industry leading Life Science conference production team with the remit to discover, develop and nurture new conference ideas in emerging therapeutic classes, disease areas and technology fields – with the ultimate goal to building leading brands for the specific communities.
What a successful candidate needs:
- Proven conference production of launches and repeat events with strong commercial results that can bit attributed to production work
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- An interest to get involved in developing out ideas and turning emerging and future concepts into commercially successful conferences; a willingness to get stuck in, build relationships and to learn
- Experience of strategic portfolio development or new event validation is desirable, but not essential. Hanson Wade will provide a 6-month Brand Director Qualification program into the role to embed core principles of Strategic Production, Topic Generation, Validation, Product Growth Strategy, Project Leadership, Portfolio Management & People Management.
What the role entails:
- Repeat event and launch validation of a portfolio of conference products throughout the calendar year
- A strong emphasis on validation, the development of new conference ideas, getting deep understanding in key industry sectors to find new, niche and technical topics
- We will give you some repeat events and some guidance to help get you started, but there is scope to take the lead on the direction of your area, especially in terms of new conference topic ideas that you want to launch
- Management of Project Teams (and in the future direct management of conference producers) to deliver your own event ideas and ensure successful launch to market
- Full P&L responsibility, with the opportunity to scale up the portfolio through the creation of more product opportunity (product quality and quantity) as quickly as the commercial results demonstrate market potential
If you have ambitions to run your own conference business – this could be the role for you!
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced, professional business environment
- A company where the culture is one of transparency, honesty and support
- 1st class training and career development programs
- Unlimited career opportunities
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success
- Monthly Awards and Social Events
- Annual Awards Dinner
- Busy and active social calendar
- Annual personal learning budget
- Flexible working
£35,000 - £40,000 (OTE £40,000 - £50,000 uncapped)